Quail farming is a new business idea, compared to other poultry farming business. Such as chickens or ducks. Nowadays the popularity of poultry farming business is increasing rapidly throughout the world. Because commercial quail farming business is more profitable than any other poultry farming business. Quails require small living place and very less amount of foods. So people can easily raise a few quails for their daily family consumption. This is another good reason of increasing this business rapidly throughout the world. Along with this, commercial quail farming business has many more advantages. The main advantages of quail farming are listed below.
- You can start raising quails within a very small place. Even you can raise some birds on your veranda.
- Quails consume very less amount of foods, as their body size is small. So feeding costs for quail farming are lower than ducks, chickens or other poultry birds.
- They are very hardy, so diseases are less in quails.
- Quails grow very fast. They gain sextual maturity faster. A female quail start laying eggs within it’s 6 to 7 weeks of age.
- It takes about 16 to 18 days to hatch the quail eggs.
- Quail meat and eggs are very tasty, nutritious and have medicinal value.
- Labor cost in quail farming is very low and it requires small capital for starting. You can easily handle about 5000 quails.
- You can start raising quails commercially. It can be a great income and employment source for the unemployed educated young people.
- Quail meat and eggs contain less fat. So it’s very suitable for all aged people, especially for the patients.
- Quails can convert foods to meat and eggs highly than any other birds. Usually they can produce one kg meat or eggs by consuming about three kg food.
- They lay eggs countinuously, even don’t hatch their eggs.
- You can easily raise about 6 to 7 quails in the place used for raising 1 chicken.
- As quails are smaller in size, so all types of people can easily buy their eggs and meat.
- They require less living space. You can raise about 6 to 8 quails in 0.91 squire meter area.
Along with the above benefits, there are many more. Start raising and you will find the rest.